Working primarily with children, I get asked this question a lot by parents, “Will you be communicating with us, as you work with our child?”
The answer – YES!
As adults, we make decisions in life that impact our children. Sometimes those decisions help our children flourish but sometimes those decisions create a difficult situation for our kids.
The following situations are most common for bringing children (and families) into my counseling office:
- Blended Families
- Parent-child conflict
- Problems between siblings
- Unexpected or traumatic loss of a family member
I approach these situations by working with the INDIVIDUALS struggling with big emotions and then assisting the FAMILY in breaking the negative communication patterns that are keeping the INDIVIDUALS in a place of conflict. Basically, I help you as a parent learn to talk to your kids and I help your kids learn to process the change occuring in their lives and talk about the emotions they are feeling in a healthy way.
The benefit of this:
- Learn strategies to develop and maintain HEALTHY boundaries
- APPROPRIATE AND HONEST communication among family members
- Promotes PROBLEM SOLVING through an understanding of family patterns and dynamics
- Builds EMPATHY and understanding within the family
- REDUCES family conflict
If you’re interested in learning about how I can help pull your family back together, schedule your FREE phone consultation today.